Friday, December 9, 2016

Feeling Gratitude


This morning I had a flashback of an incident that happened several years ago. I was working out of town, and was driving home through Talladega in severe weather. Tornado warnings had been issued. A tire blew on my vehicle and I was sitting there, on the side of the road with no cell service and a tornado on the way.

I was desperately trying to get a call out, when a young man tapped on my window. He said, "M'am, I don't want to scare you, but I can see you're in distress." In no time, he replaced the tire with the spare and had me back on the road. About a mile later, I came up on an out of the way office building, and I sought shelter just as the worst of the storm hit. He pulled in right behind me and we stayed in that office until the storm blew over.

I wish that I could go back to that day and tell that young man what a blessing he was, and how thankful I was that he stopped to help me. I know that I thanked him, but wish I could have done more.

Even as I write this, I realize that, if I am thinking of him, there is a reason, and it is never to late to remember and show gratitude. So, I would like to take this moment to thank that young man for helping me. I did not forget your kindness. I hope that in my life, I can remember to be like you, and to help others when they need it and where I can. Wherever you are, wherever life has taken you, I ask our Creator to protect you and to give you a special blessing in your life, right now. I am thinking of you, and may God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment